Friday, October 10, 2008

Dylan in school


So Dylan's in school. That seems so crazy to me. I am not old enough to be a card carrying member of the PTA!

He is doing so well. He says he's the smartest kid in his class and I believe him ♥

For the whole first month, I felt so excluded and unimportant in this new world of his, but I have gradually found ways to get more involved. I may have even taken on a bit much. I volunteered to help assemble ABC books for all of the kindergarteners in the school(I've done three letters and its taken six hours). I am one of SIX room moms and have been designated the treasurer/shopping expert for the class. I also worked out a time once a week to go up to school and work one on one with Dylans class mates which has been fun. We had our first field trip Thrusday and it was so fun to walk in and have all of the kids be so excited to see me and all of the other moms looked at me like I must be someone important. That's when it finally dawned on me that I was important. :)

Here's a great picture of Dylan before his first day of kindergarten.

No comments: