Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Look what I made!

Dylan's teacher is having a baby. Its a girl. Her room will be pink and brown and her name will be Addison. I wanted to girl her a nice gift and decided to make a blanket. After shopping for the perfect zebra striped pink and brown striped fabric, I gave up and went for solid colors of fleece and the easy no sew method. Then it seemed lame. So I decided it needed a mongram. (which made it no longer no-sew) Then i thought about my favorite blankets of the boys were a set of two matching blankets. One was big enough to cover up in bed or lay out on the floor and the other was small enough for a carseat or a stroller, so I decided I wanted to make her two blankets instead. But alas, I had not purchased big enough pieces of fabric, so the small one had to be made without fringe. I gave it baby fringe so it would still match though. Its made with a really cute daisy print stich around the edge too. :)I can't tell if the colors are a little off because I think everything looks weird on my computer.

I think they came out great! not too shabby for my first time to make a blanket, huh?

1 comment:

Summer said...

CUTE! You know....Bella starts with a B.....get started. (I'm just banking on a girl now.....I'm tired of waiting)