Thursday, November 20, 2008

My friend Tammy just called.

She's one of my Coworkers at Sids. She asked me what I wore on Monday. I wore the same walmart shorts and Tinkerbell shirt I have worn 8 of 10 shifts since last spring. The only difference was my socks. I bought a bunch of knee high socks and debuted my first pair Monday. I used to wear them a lot in college but havent since. I felt a little silly, but with cold weather outside and hard hot work inside I need to have a good warm/cool outfit. My friend Summer laughed out loud when she saw me. I'm over 30. I don't have to worry about fashion. I wanted to wear knee high stripy socks so I did!
Tammy said people have commented to her several times that I looked good on Monday. One regular even told her he has always seen me as somebody's mom but Monday I looked like a hot chick. I'm a little embarrassed and a little flattered. Mostly I'm surprised.
All I had to do to look good was wear taller socks?

I'm glad I bought several pairs!

am I really so old that people just think of me as "somebody's mom??" :(

2 comments:

Summer said...

You are a HOT mama! And I told you, I only wish I was as fun as you! You make me smile :)

Val said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry to admit but I would probably have laughed too. But hey, if you're getting comments saying your a hot chick I say keep on wearing them!!